Here’s five tips for learning how to make good Super Mario Maker 2 levels using the Course Maker tool. This tutorial is aimed for creators of all skill levels, including beginners.
- Choose the theme that works best for your idea. Don’t get hung up on nostalgia or aesthetics.
- Like a painter choosing colors, you should choose a small palette of objects and enemies to design with, and don’t stray beyond them.
- Try crazy things that you aren’t sure are possible.
- Tell a story with your level and use the limitations that you have to tell it.
- Follow your gut! The level you start out making will not always be the level you end up with. And that’s okay!
- Bonus Tip: Just start building! Inspiration usually only strikes after you start.